Join the inaugural Emerging Markets LatAm Summit 2022!
2023 looks set to be a pivotal year for Latin America as ongoing developments set the stage for a demanding economic and financial environment.
Governments, corporates and financial institutions will face difficult choices operating in an environment that will be characterized by low growth and persistent financial volatility. The need to address social demands will pose major challenges increasing political risk and pressuring credit profiles for issuers in the region.
Hear from Moody's top minds on how the region is tackling with the effects of these challenges, and more at the inaugural Emerging Markets Latam Summit.
Agenda09.30 - 09.35EDT
Welcome Remarks09.35 - 09.50EDT
How much higher for rates, how much lower for growth?
09.50 - 10.30EDT
- Moody’s global forecasts for inflation, interest rates and GDP
- Credit Cycle Compass: Rating trends and default outlook
- Core themes that will shape credit risk in Latin America
Stubbornly high inflation and monetary responses: What are the regional implications to sovereign and financial markets?
10.30 - 11.00EDT
- Risks of social discontent as inflation pressures real wages and weighs on consumption in Latin America
- Higher funding costs on public finances
- Implications to banks’ financial fundamentals: how manageable are rising asset risks as economic activity remains weak in the region in 2023 ?
- Refinancing risks and liquidity conditions in financial markets in Latin America
How can ESG heighten reputational risk and affect funding conditions for commodity producers in Latin America?
11.00 - 11.30EDT
- Carbon transition accelerating the need for oil & gas companies to adapt and change business models
- Deforestation increasing scrutiny towards protein and agriculture producers
- Sugar & ethanol producers benefit from carbon-credit revenues, but must comply with deforestation-free certification
- Some mining companies well-positioned to benefit from carbon transition trends, as they produce metals which will see incremental demand growth to support this transition
Infrastructure gaps and energy transition: How is the political-economic landscape affecting the investment pipeline in Latin America?
11.30 - 11.35EDT
- Where are the opportunities developing?
- Credit risks on the spotlight
- What are some of the financing alternatives?
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close