An overview of Moody's annual Municipal Default Study offers insight into COVID’s repercussions on the muni market and leads to a discussion on how issuers will grapple with inflation and emerging stress. Plus, Detroit’s landmark bankruptcy filing 10 years ago continues to reverberate in the market – and in our analysis at Moody’s.
- Why are there so few recent examples of distress among rated municipal credits despite a pandemic and sputtering economy?
- How have unrated municipal credits dealt with distress and how does that compare with rated issuers?
- What can we expect as pandemic relief aid tapers off and a new normal takes shape with remote work?
- How has Detroit changed municipal credit analysis?
- Will Detroit’s credit continue to improve as economic development strengthens but pension funding challenges return?
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close