Recession risks are uncomfortably high, as the economy struggles with high inflation and high rising interest rates. And while recession is not inevitable, the next 12-18 months will be a difficult time for the economy, the financial system, and real estate markets.
We're coming to Dallas to discuss the economy's prospects. Chief Economist, Mark Zandi, and economic experts from across Moody's Analytics will be there to provide their insights and answer your questions. During the event, we will discuss:
- The macroeconomic outlook, as Mark assesses whether the economy can avoid a near-term downturn and the threats to any optimism.
- Regional economies that will perform well and those that will suffer setbacks due to global and domestic shocks.
- What's in store for consumer credit borrowers and lenders across the credit spectrum.
- Corporate credit conditions are good, but this won’t continue given the weak economy and higher interest rates. This session assesses how significant the erosion in credit quality will be and the implications for the financial system and economy.
- Mounting concerns around commercial real estate. We'll take a deeper look into what they are and the broader implications.
- The housing market recession, declining house prices, and the risks this poses to the mortgage market and broader economy.