*Registration has been closed. Please contact to Moody's Events (email@example.com) should you have any queries.
The APAC Banking Series returns to Tokyo!
Find out how the change in Japan’s monetary policy change and the highly uncertain operating environment will impact Japanese banks.
Gain valuable insights through our comprehensive lineup of sessions including presentations on current banking trends and panel discussions with top industry leaders and Moody’s analysts.
Will Bank of Japan Take Early Measures to Phase Out its Negative Interest Rate Policy?
Moody’s meets: Keynote presentation
- Will wage growth and historically high inflation continue in 2024?
- How far will BOJ shift its policy given its implicit role in public debt management?
- Is the policy shift the start of a virtuous economic cycle or prolonged secular stagnation?
Global banking outlook and its impact on Japanese banks
Moody's presentation & fireside chat
- What are the current trends in the global banking sector?
- Updates on the Japanese banking system
Future of Japanese banks
Guest speaker: TAKASHI YAMASHITA, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. (SMFG)
- What is the overall picture of SMFG’s retail business model, and positioning of Olive in the overall picture?
- What is the role of bank branches as part of its hybrid strategy, positioning of its stores, and the current status of the stores?
- What progress have banks made toward digitalization?
Guest speaker: MAKOTO SHINMURA, JAPAN POST BANK Co., Ltd.
- How is Japan Post Bank partnering companies as part of its Co-creation Platform?
- What is the medium- to long-term digital strategy for its retail business?
- What is the latest development and outlook for its Σ business, its new corporate business through investment?
Venue: Madarin Oriental Tokyo
Address: 2 Chome-1-1 Nihonbashimuromachi, Chuo City, Tokyo
Date: Tuesday, 24 October 2023
Time: 13:00 - 16:00 JST
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close