Moody’s 8th Annual US Project Finance Conference
Risks of financing the transition to a carbon-free economy and new transportation, digital infrastructure, and real estate related projects amid a softer economic outlook [online event]
Engage with seasoned analysts from Moody’s Investors Service to discuss the risks of financing the transition to a carbon-free economy, our 2024 US transportation sector outlooks, and new credit trends in the US project finance market.
Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody’s Analytics, joins us to discuss his economic outlook for 2024 amid rising uncertainty and softening expectations for future growth. We will examine the implications of this economic outlook on financings related to the transition to a carbon-free economy, the current state of new technologies to help with this transition and how utilities are maintaining reliability as renewables increase and more transmission investments are needed.
Our lineup also offers opportunities to delve into examples of how higher interest rates have influenced project financing structures and what we expect to continue in 2024. Changing market dynamics have resulted in several new data center, digital infrastructure, real estate related and EV charging projects that each have their own unique risk profiles to be considered project financings. Analysts will share how projects have addressed construction cost inflation and supply chain disruptions and how these evolving risks may be mitigated in some cases.
This event is online-only.
Welcome and introductory remarks14:10EST
Risks and opportunities of financing the transition to a carbon-free economy
- How will renewables' growing market share increase price volatility and grid reliability costs?
- How do decarbonization efforts and aging infrastructure impact new transmission investments?
- How are utilities maintaining power reliability as renewables and intense weather events increase?
- What key lessons can be learned from the UK renewables auction? What are the implications for meeting net zero goals?
- How long will natural gas remain a transition fuel to a carbon free economy?
- What progress has been made on new technologies like carbon capture, modular nuclear, and hydrogen fueled utility scale power generation?
Transportation, digital infrastructure, real estate related, and EV charging project risks amid rising costs
- How is Moody's incorporating proven transportation sector resiliency into its credit analysis for new and existing projects?
- How have higher interest rates influenced new project financing structures?
- Have construction cost inflation and supply chain disruptions eased?
- What are Moody's 2024 sector outlooks for US Toll Roads, Airports, and Ports?
- How are Moody's analysts evaluating the unique credit risks of data center, digital infrastructure, real estate related and EV charging projects?
Economic outlook for 2024
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close